Updated: February 3, 2022
Paris Gone By is a Parisian and French history and travel blog. As such, Paris Gone By collects data from the Website and newsletter in order to better improve functionality, ensure Website security, and for internal data analysis.
Want to change your cookie consent choices? Manage Your Consent (the consent bar will re-appear).
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Paris Gone By.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service(s) refers to the Services rendered by Paris Gone By, including but not limited to the Website and newsletter.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the date of a page visit).
- Website refers to Paris Gone By, accessible from https://parisgoneby.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Personal Data Collected For Website & Newsletter
Data Provided by You
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. This Personal Data is provided by You to communicate with Us or the public through Our services. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Request Details or Personal Interest Data
Personal Data collected from contact forms and other points of direct contact between You and the Company will be used only for the purpose consented to and will not be given, shared, rented, or sold to third parties.
Posting public comments on the Website confers consent for public sharing of Your posted information, which may include Personal Data such as user/screen name, avatar, date and time of post, and Your comments. Additionally, Our web servers collect the IP Address and other metadata of all posts and posters for security purposes. This data will not be given, shared, rented, or sold to third parties.
This data may be disclosed to a court of law, law enforcement, or other government agency if the Company is compelled to do so.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service by Our hosting provider. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile Device. This data is used for both website security purposes and for website usage analytics.
Our webservers, provided by Our hosting provider, automatically log the IP address You use to access Our website as well as other information about Your visit. This can include the pages You visit, information requests, the date and time of the request, the source of Your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL that referred you to Our website), the type of Device you use (desktop, mobile, tablet), your browser type and version, and operating system.
All usage analytic data received by Paris Gone By from Our hosting provider is free of personal identifying information and is presented in anonymous, aggregate form.
Security log files of website traffic, including IP Addresses, are maintained to ensure the servers and website remain secure and uncompromised. Unless required to investigate suspicious or potential criminal activity, We do not attempt, nor do We permit Our hosting provider to attempt, to identify You from the information collected via Our server logs. Investigation can be internal or when compelled by courts, law enforcement, or other government agency.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics. Web Beacon data collection can be made anonymous by blocking cookies in Your web browser. See Managing Cookies for more info.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
Necessary & Functional Cookies
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||1 year||Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
|__cf_bm||30 minutes||This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management.|
Submitting a request to join to Our newsletter creates a Persistent cookie from our Newsletter Service Provider, ConvertKit. This cookie collects non-personal data.
|comment_author_[hash]||1 year||Wordpress Comment Cookie to remember comment author's name. Cookie is voluntary at the time of commenting.|
|comment_author_email_[hash]||1 year||Wordpress Comment Cookie to remember comment author's email address. Cookie is voluntary at the time of commenting.|
|comment_author_url_[hash]||1 year||Wordpress Comment Cookie to remember comment author's URL. Cookie and field are voluntary at the time of commenting.|
|ugid||1 year||This cookie is set by the provider Unsplash. This cookie is used for enabling the video content on the website.|
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. See information on Embedded Content for more information on YouTube related cookies.
|ckid||never||This cookie is set by the provider Yieldoptimizer. This cookie is used to track visitors on multiple websites, inorder to serve them with relevant advertisement based on visitor's interest.|
|NID||6 months||NID cookie, set by Google, is used for advertising purposes; to limit the number of times the user sees an ad, to mute unwanted ads, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
More on Cookies
Type: WordPress Comment Cookies
Purpose: When leaving a comment on Our site You may opt-in to saving Your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for Your convenience so that You do not have to fill in Your details again when posting future comments. Accepting the cookies is optional. You may leave a comment with or without accepting the cookies. These cookies will last for one year. Cookies can be removed by deleting your cookie history/cache in your browser settings.
Type: Newsletter Related Cookie
You may unsubscribe at any time from Our newsletter. Please use the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email message or or by messaging Us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Managing Cookies for more info.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and other content on Our site may include embedded content from other websites (i.e. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor is visiting the other website.
You are able to reject YouTube and other cookies related to the embedded content on Our site (listed above) by using the Manage Your Consent function (the consent bar will re-appear). You may also block them using your browser settings. See Managing Cookies for more info.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
In addition to Your consent to cookies Our website, you may manage your cookie preferences overall in your browser. Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Please select the link below to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from Your browser(s).
Paris Gone By accepts voluntary donations from You through third party service providers. The current providers are Buy Me A Coffee and PayPal. Should You choose to donate through one of these providers, Your Personal Data, including financial data, are managed entirely by these providers. You may access their Privacy Policies at:
- Buy Me A Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/privacy-policy
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service and Website, in order to monitor the usage, safety, and security of our website.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to Your direct inquiries with Our company or Our products and Services.
NOTE: You are not automatically added to the newsletter mailing list when sending direct inquiries through the Website contact form or through other direct communication methods. Joining the newsletter is voluntary and is separate from any direct inquiry. You may opt out of Your newsletter subscription at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email message or by messaging Us directly at email@example.com.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. Information shared with Us through the contact forms, email, or other methods of contact is not given, shared, rented, or sold with third parties. It is used solely to initiate or continue communication between Paris Gone By and You.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience. Data used for these purposes is not given, shared, rented, or sold to third parties without your express written consent.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to contact You, or to provide services to You. Your personal information will not be given, shared, rented, or sold to third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for other purposes with Your written consent. A written consent form will be obtained from You before disclosure.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
If you leave a public comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This allows our servers to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If you no longer want your comments retained on Our website and are unable to delete them, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Additional Privacy Information
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com